School Opening Information for WWMS
View school opening information for Whitman MS.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
View information about registration, orientation events, forms, and school supplies. Please contact our main office at 703-660-2400 if you have any questions.
Beginning of School Year Forms
The forms listed below are mandatory for all 7th and 8th grade students. These required forms must be completed and submitted prior to the start of school. All forms must be signed and dated.
Please email the completed and signed forms above to Joanna Ocasio at [email protected]
- Digital Resources Parent Consent
- Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent. Please review the list and submit the form.
- Family Life Education (FLE) Opt-Out Forms
- If you wish to opt your child out of all or some of the Family Life Education lessons, please complete this form and return it prior to FLE instruction.
- Military Connected Form
- Local school divisions are required to identify students who have a parent in the United States uniformed services. Please print out and complete if your family has a connection to the military.
- FCPS Free and Reduced Lunch Form
- The Fairfax County Public Schools policy for providing free or reduced-price meals for children served under the National School Lunch and/or School Breakfast programs is available on the FCPS Food and Nutrition Services website. This program can also help to support your child with classroom fees, transcript fees, and more.
- After-School Program Registration Form
- All students remaining on campus after 2:15 p.m. for a middle school activity must have a completed registration form on file.
The TDAP Immunization is a mandatory requirement for all 7th graders attending Fairfax County Public Schools. In order for your child to attend school on the first day, an updated immunization card/sheet must be turned in to Joanna Ocasio. An exemption note from your child’s pediatrician is required for verification. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Ms. Ocasio at @email.
- Homeless Student Referral Form
- It is our responsibility to ensure that all students have the resources necessary to obtain a successful education. Please complete and return if applicable.
School Supplies List
Still need a SIS Parent Account?
Welcome Back Events @ Whitman MS
Whitman MS Open House - 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 18th
- All students and families welcome
- Open House format
- Self-guided building tour
- Pick up class schedules
Back-to-School Night - 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, September 15th
- In-person event
- Parents and guardians only
- Meet administrators and teachers