Welcome to Whitman MS Library
Translate this page
- Ms. Caroline Jolly, Head Librarian, [email protected], 703-660-2447
- Ms. Eleanor Whitaker, Library Assistant, [email protected], 703-660-2449
- 7:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday (on full school days)
Whitman MS Library Catalog
Online Databases and EBooks
- Books can be checked out for up to three (3) weeks.
- Students can check out as many books as they feel they can responsibly handle.
- Students can place a hold for a book that someone else has checked out. Holds can only be placed for books that are currently checked out. If a student find a book in the catalog that they want to check out, we recommend that the student comes to the library to find the book on the shelves for check out.
- Overdue notices are printed monthly and given to English teachers to send home with students.
- Students can monitor their own accounts through Destiny (our library management software), including checkouts, holds, renewals and overdue books.
- If a student needs to print an assignment, the student should share the file with Ms. Jolly or Ms. Whitaker through Google Workspace. The library staff member will then print out the file for the student. We reserve the right to limit the number of pages that can be printed for a student.
- The library opens every day at 7:00am. Students do not need a pass to come to the library in the morning when they arrive at school. Students must sign in upon entering the library for safety reasons for every visit, regardless of when the visit occurs.
- Students may come to the library with a library lanyard pass from a teacher or a blue ticket from the cafeteria during lunch. Students must sign in at the Circulation Desk as soon as they arrive.
- Students may not bring food or beverage into the library. If a student wants to visit during lunch shifts, all food and drink must be consumed in the cafeteria before visiting the library.
- Makerspace items are available for use during lunch periods. Makerspace items are not available during class visits.