Welcome to Whitman MS Library
- Ms. Michelle Johnson, Head Librarian @email, 703-660-2447
- Ms. Caroline Jolly, Library Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-660-2449
- 7:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday (general hours of operation)
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for computer use, printing, book return/checkout.
Whitman MS Library Catalog
Online Databases and EBooks
- Books can be checked out for up to three (3) weeks.
- Students can check out up to three (3) books at a time.
- Students can place a hold for a book that someone else has checked out.
- Overdue notices are printed monthly and given to English teachers to send home with students.
- Students can monitor their own accounts through Destiny (our library management software), including checkouts, holds, renewals and overdue books.
- If a student needs to print an assignment, students should share the file with Ms. Johnson or Ms. Jolly through Google Apps. The library staff member will then print out the file for the student. We reserve the right to limit the number of pages that can be printed for a student.
- The library opens every day at 7:00am. Students do not need a pass to come to the library in the morning when they arrive at school. Students must sign in upon entering the library for safety reasons. Students are dismissed to Period 1 or Advisory at 7:20. The final dismissal from the library is at 7:25.
- Students may come to the library with a yellow library lanyard pass from their classroom teacher or a neon lunch library pass from the cafeteria. Students must sign in using the Google Form (or on a clipboard) at the Circulation Desk.
- Students may not bring food or beverage into the library. If a student wants to visit during lunch shifts, all food and drink must be consumed in the cafeteria before visiting the library.
- Students staying after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays may come to the library on a library lanyard pass from the teacher they are staying with during "A" block until 3:00pm. They will return to their A block teacher after finishing their work or task in the library. Students must have a specific reason for coming to the library after school. If they want to use technology for general purposes or gaming, there are computers available in the cafeteria in Homework Club.