Welcome to Whitman MS Library
- Ms. Michelle Johnson, Head Librarian @email, 703-660-2447
- Ms. Caroline Jolly, Library Assistant, email@example.com, 703-660-2449
- 7:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday (general hours of operation)
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for computer use, printing, book return/checkout.
Whitman MS Library Catalog
Online Databases and EBooks
- Books can be checked out for up to three (3) weeks.
- Students can check out up to three (3) books at a time.
- Students can place a hold for a book that someone else has checked out.
- Overdue notices are printed monthly and given to English teachers to send home with students.
- Students can monitor their own accounts through Destiny (our library management software), including checkouts, holds, renewals and overdue books.
- The library opens every day at 7:00am. Students do not need a pass to come to the library in the morning when they arrive at school. Students must sign in upon entering the library for safety reasons.
- Students may come to the library with a library lanyard pass from their classroom teacher or a lunch library pass from the cafeteria. Students must sign in using a Google Form at the Circulation Desk.
- Students staying after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays may come to the library on a library lanyard pass from the teacher they are staying with during "A" block until 3:00pm. They will return to their A block teacher after finishing their work or task in the library.