Welcome to Whitman MS Library
Whitman MS Library Catalog
Online Databases and EBooks
- Books can be checked out for up to three (3) weeks.
- Students can check out as many books as they feel they can responsibly handle.
- Students can place a hold for a book that someone else has checked out. Holds can only be placed for books that are currently checked out. If a student find a book in the catalog that they want to check out, we recommend that the student comes to the library to find the book on the shelves for check out.
- Overdue notices are printed quarterly and given to English teachers to send home with students.
- Students can monitor their own accounts through Destiny (our library management software), including checkouts, holds, renewals and overdue books.
- If a student needs to print an assignment, the student should share the file with Ms. Jolly through Google Workspace. The library staff member will then print out the file for the student. We reserve the right to limit the number of pages that can be printed for a student.
- The library opens every day at 7:05 a.m. Students have a choice to visit the library before school but must stay in the library until dismissal. Students must sign in upon entering the library for safety reasons for every visit, regardless of when the visit occurs. No food or drink in the library. If students choose to eat breakfast in the cafeteria, they are to remain in the cafeteria until dismissal.
- Students may come to the library with a library pass from a teacher. Students must sign in at the circulation desk as soon as they arrive. The visit should be a maximum of 10 minutes and then return to class. One pass per classroom.
- Students can sign up in Schoology from 7:05 - 10 a.m. to visit the library during lunch. Administrators check the sign up sheet and send those students to the library. Students must stay in the library until lunch is dismissed and return to their classrooms.
- Students may not bring food or beverage into the library. If a student wants to visit during lunch shifts, all food and drink must be consumed in the cafeteria before visiting the library.
- Makerspace items are available for use during lunch periods.
- Ms. Jolly will schedule class visits in coordination with the classroom teachers.